JOIN AIR CADETS
BECOME A CADET
What if you were told that there was a dynamic, structured youth program that offered Canadian youth a variety of interesting and challenging activities?
What if you were told that this same program developed in youth an increased level of self-confidence, self-esteem and self-awareness?
Cadets are motivated to improve their physical fitness, to work harder at their academic studies and to give back to their communities through volunteerism and citizenship activities.
The Cadet Program also has a direct impact on Canadian society as a whole. Cadets have the opportunity to take part in various leadership roles throughout the program. There is definite value in having well-rounded, community-minded, experienced young people who are ready to assume their places as tomorrow’s leaders and decision makers.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN CADETS
To be eligible for membership as a Cadet one must:
- be a legal resident of Canada:
NOTE: A legal resident of Canada is a Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant, or, the dependant of a person who is lawfully resident in Canada on a temporary basis for the purpose of education or employment.
- provide proof of provincial health insurance coverage or equivalent;
- be at least 12 years of age;
- not have attained 19 years of age;
- normally be in good physical condition;
- not belong to another corps or squadron; and
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer (CO) of the cadet corps or squadron.
The CO of the cadet corps or squadron shall review and approve all membership applications; however, he/she shall consult with the Regional Cadet Support Unit (RCSU) when there is uncertainty as to whether an application meets the basic membership standards or an application requires special consideration such as:
- application from a youth who is not yet a legal resident of Canada; and
- application from a youth who has a medical, physical or mental condition specified in Part 2 of the CF 1158 that cannot be accommodated
STEPS TO JOIN
If you’re 12 years old and under 18, you meet the age requirement to join cadets. This is what you need to do:
- Visit us at the Pembroke Armoury on a Wednesday parade night between September and June.
- Bring a parent or legal guardian with you.
- Bring your health card AND an additional piece of identification for age (birth certificate or passport). We cannot accept a health card as proof of age.
- Bring a list of medications you are currently taking and and be prepared to provide information on your medical history.
- Optional - Save time by filling out and bringing with you the Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets (CF 1158) form. Please print on legal sized paper.