638 Algonquin Royal Canadian
Air Cadet Squadron!
This is what it’s all about – activities that offer challenge, excitement and adventure and the knowledge you pick up along the way through structured lectures and first-hand experience.
Don’t worry about being thrown in at the deep end. You’ll join our squadron and be welcomed into our extended family! You will be introduced to activities as you progress, so you can make the most of every opportunity that comes your way.
Becoming an Air Cadet has loads of benefits. The most obvious being that you get to take part in loads of exciting and challenging activities such as aviation, survival training, first aid, leadership taskings, sports and marksmanship, to name only but a few.
When you join as a cadet you will make lots of new friends and get the opportunity to go to summer training (camp) where you will meet cadets from other units in Canada. You may even get the opportunity to travel to amazing places in Canada and sometimes even overseas.
The Air Cadet Training Program will teach you leadership skills, discipline and give you self-confidence you never thought possible.
You will learn a wide range of transferable skills such as: the ability to command tasks; make decisions; plan and organize tasks and work as an effective team player as well as independently. These skills will equip you for life and give you an extra edge when applying for employment or post-secondary education.
Through your cadet training you can also gain valuable qualifications such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, or various first-aid qualifications.
Some of the Benefits
- Be part of a fun, dynamic team that costs nothing to join and you don’t have to pay for a uniform!
- Lots of free and exciting activities with rewarding challenges;
- Paid summer training;
- Obtain qualifications you can use outside of cadets (first-aid);
- High School co-op credits;
- Receive a Pay Incentive Credit upon joining the Canadian Armed Forces AFTER retiring from cadets;
- Meet lots of new people and make new friends; and
- Being an Air Cadet looks great on a résumé!