- Tryouts for the 2024 638 Marksmanship team were conducted on Jan 8th. Capt Morrisey would like to thank all cadets who participated in this activity. Based on scoring results, the following Cadets will be representing 638 Sqn at the Zone competition on 17 Feb 24:
Antoni Staniewicz, and
Marksmanship practice will continue on Mondays from 1800-2100 for only the Cadets representing the Sqn at the zone competition. Once the competition is over, Marksmanship nights will reopen to all Cadets. Capt Morrisey will have the scoring results available to all Cadets at the end of tonight’s parade, or he may be contacted at email@example.com
- Next Thursday, 18 Jan 2024, will be a Mess Dinner at the Petawawa Legion. Cadets are to arrive at 1800. There is no cost for this activity. Dress for cadets will be C2. C2 dress consists of the blue uniform worn with a white dress shirt and bow tie and no name tag. Cadets who do not possess a white shirt/bow tie may wear C3 dress (regular blue uniform) without a name tag. Cadets are to be picked up at 2030 hrs from the Petawawa legion.
- For those who have signed up for the first aid course offered by 450 THS Instructors. The course will run from 0800 to 1600 on Saturday Jan 20th and Sunday Jan 21st; the course will qualify passing cadets to Standard First Aid and CPR level C. Lunch will be provided for both days. A list of the 15 cadets accepted for the first aid course has been posted to the bulletin board in the back, if you have any questions please see MWO Underwood, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For those who have signed up but are not included on the list, we are currently working with the instructors at 450 to set up a second course later on in the spring and you will have priority.
- ATTENDANCE: Upon arrival at the Armoury all cadets are required to sign in on the attendance sheet that is placed on a table inside the entrance to the parade square. IF a cadet arrives late, they are to report to the office to sign in before heading to their class. As a reminder facebook messages are not accepted for excusals. You must call or text the squadron cell phone (343-369-8257)
- If you require replacement uniform parts, please speak with Cpl Bulmer She will be available on Monday evenings during Marksmanship team practices, 1800 – 2100 hrs. She will be away 25 January to 29 Feb, however other staff MAY be able to do some exchanges. In the meantime, appropriate civilian attire will be acceptable for parade nights.