- Thank you to everyone who donated to our bottle drive this evening. $116.40 was raised. Our next bottle drive is scheduled for 15 April 2020.
- We would like at least 6 cadets to sign up for the annual Veteran’s dinner too help serve the meal. The timing’s would be 13:30 arrival at Br 72 Pembroke Legion and completion 16:30 on October 26, 2019. For further information contact Capt. Gerrard at 613-732-1353 or email email@example.comWe will be assisting Branch 72 Royal Canadian Legion with poppy sales again this year on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 1 location. There will be 3 shifts scheduled for the following:
Shift 1 for Value Village 1000 to 1200hrs – 2 cadets required
Shift 2 for Value Village from 1200 to 1400hrs – 2 cadets required
Shift 3 for Value Village from 1400 to 1600 hrs – 2 cadets required Branch 72 Royal Canadian Legion is a major financial supporter of the squadron and I encourage all that are available to support them with poppy sales. Without supervision for our cadets we will not be able to participate. Please sign up as soon as possible with your availability and preference to supervise a shift.
- Ground School is starting on Monday, October 21, 2019 at the Pembroke Armoury from 1900-2100hrs (7-9pm).
- Marksmanship is starting on Monday, October 21, 2019 at the Pembroke Armoury from 1830-2100hrs (6:30-9:00pm).
- Order forms are going out this evening for our Squadron Kit Shop. There will be a table set up at the beginning and end of cadets, so that you can view items and try on some sizes. We have everything from jackets, hoodies and T-shirts to water bottles and ball caps. Orders must be placed by Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
- Trivia Night is back! Join us at the Pembroke Legion on Friday, November 8th at 7pm for a brain boosting round of trivia. Parents gather your friends and family to form teams of up to 8 people. Register at Sharon638aircadets@gmail.com. The cost is $10/person. This is an adult fundraising event.
- Cadets and parents are reminded that cadets should not be at the Armoury on Wednesdays prior to 1800hrs (6pm).
- The new United Way campaign has been launched. If you donate to the United Way through your work we would ask you to consider directing your donation to 638 Squadron. The Squadron is registered as #638 Algonquin Squadron and our registration number is 130387665RR0036. All donations are greatly appreciated.
- Finally, to keep up-to-date on upcoming events and activities make sure to add 638 Squadron’s calendar to your favorites. Our calendar can be viewed at https://teamup.com/ksbdbda58dbf8c2db4